How to install MetaMask extension on Chrome
- Step 1: Open your chrome and access: https://metamask.io/download.html
- Step 2: Click on Install MetaMask for Chrome
How to create/import a wallet on MetaMask Extension
Follow the instructions in the app to create a new wallet or import one, Click on “Create a Wallet” to create a new wallet. You will have to enter a password, and you’ll be given a backup seed phrase. Store the backup seed phrase somewhere safe so that no one has access.
- Do not ever give out your wallet seed to anyone. Remember that anyone who asks for your seed phrase in any social community is likely a scammer and you should always report them and have them blocked.
- Other users can access all the funds in your wallet with this backup seed phrase, and if you lose it, you will not be able to recover your funds if your device is damaged or lost.
- The password that you have set earlier is different from your backup seed phrase, and is used to prevent unauthorized access to your wallet.
- After you have confirmed the seed phrase on the next screen, you should now be able to access your wallet and will be able to send and receive funds.
How to set Binance Smart Chain (BSC) network on MetaMask Extension
Once your wallet is all set up, one thing to note is that it is still on the Ethereum network. We want to make sure we are on the Binance Smart Chain so that we can take advantage of the lower fees.
You can buy $POLAR (Polaris tokens) using the BSC network only.
Follow these steps to add the BSC Network (if you have not added yet)
Step 1: Click on “My Account”
Step 2, 3, 4: Choose Settings > Networks > Add Network
Step 5: Fill out the BSC (mainnet) network
The BSC Network information
Network Name: BSC Mainnet
ChainID: 56, or 0x38 if 56 doesn’t work
Block Explorer URL: https://bscscan.com/
Step 6: Save to add BSC Network
Step 7: Choose BSC Network
Your wallet now shows that you are connected to Binance Smart Chain and units are now denominated in BNB, the default coin on the Binance Smart Chain network.
How to connect to the Polaris Dapp to MetaMask Extension
Step 1: Access Polaris’ Dapp: https://app.polarisdefi.io/supernovas-2
Step 2: Click on “Connect”
Step 3: Choose “MetaMask”
Now your wallet is all set up, you’ll need to get some BNB in order to interact with smart contracts on the Binance Smart Chain network.
You can purchase BNB on Binance.com or FTX.com, then send that BNB to your new wallet address. Make sure to send your BNB via Binance Smart Chain (BEP20) when sending from the exchange to your wallet or you may lose your funds! Purchase the amount in BNB that you’d like to invest in POLAR, plus some extra for gas fees. We recommend getting at least another US$20 worth of BNB for gas fees to get started.
Happy Farming !